Providing Peace of Mind Through Thoughtful Planning
We help our clients find answers to the difficult questions that keep them up at night
OUR PRACTICE AREAS
Providing peace of mind through thoughtful planning
At Est8Planning Counsel LLLC, we help our clients find answers to the difficult questions that keep them up at night, such as:
- How can I protect my assets, and those I leave to my children, against taxes, creditors, and other potential threats?
- How can I make sure that people I trust will have the authority to make important decisions for me if I become incapacitated?
- If my wife needs nursing home care, how will we pay for it? Are we eligible for assistance from Medicaid?
- If something terrible happens to my husband and me, how can we be sure our children will be raised properly?
- How can I ensure my assets will go to the people I want to receive them after I pass away?
- What is the most profitable way to transition out of my business when I’m ready to retire?
- How can I ensure my child with special needs receives proper care when I can no longer provide it myself?
- What is involved in settling my mom’s estate? How do I administer her trust?
If you worry about issues like these, we can help you find solutions. In the process, you will achieve the peace of mind that comes from having a plan in place for the future.
We invite you to explore this site to learn more about us, what we do, and how we can help you protect yourself and your family. Better yet, why not attend one of our free, no obligation, Est8Planning Essentials workshops? We welcome the opportunity to meet you in person and get to know you. Let’s talk soon.
ESTATE PLANNING WORKSHOPS
January 26 @ 10:00 am
February 6 @ 10:00 am
February 23 @ 10:00 am
Scott has been practicing estate planning and trust law in Hawaii since 1983. He is past-chair of both the Probate & Estate Planning Section and the Estate & Gift Tax Committee of the Hawaii State Bar Association (HSBA). Scott has written various books and articles for lawyers, other estate planning professionals, and the general public, concerning estate planning.
what clients are saying
Scott Makuakane is my hero! I am part of a human rights organization, and we were contacted by a client in dire need. We reached out to Scott to request his assistance on an emergency basis, which he gladly did, dropping everything at once to render aid. Scott is a caring individual with a heart of gold who was willing to work pro bono for someone truly in need. He shatters the stereotypical image of lawyer-as-shark. Keep up the great work, Scott, Hawaii needs you!
Something to consider before you embark on your summer travels.
IRA growth after retirement has previously been limited by required mandatory distributions. A new deferment option now allows seniors the opportunity for more retirement account growth.
Est8Planning Counsel LLLC
201 Merchant St, Suite 1800
Honolulu, HI 96813
(808) 587-8227 office